Modern research has highlighted the issue of allergens and how they can affect you and your family. In fact, there are several indoor allergens which are known to cause an issue.
It is important to be aware of the most dangerous of these allergens and to learn how to control them. This can prevent any issues from arising.
These annoying pests are notoriously difficult to kill. However it’s not just the diseases they carry that you need to be wary of. They are also exceptionally good at leaving protein rich droppings everywhere.
It is these droppings that cause the allergies in people.
#2 Dust Mites
It doesn’t matter how much you try to keep your home clean there is an excellent chance you have dust mites living in it.
These mites are so small that they are not visible to the human eye. They’ll live virtually anywhere; from your curtains to your carpet, bedding and even on your upholstered furniture.
The dust mite enjoys eating dead skin; which flakes off your body virtually all the time. Although generally harmless, if you have an allergy to them the reaction can be severe.
Mould is essential bacterial growth. All it needs to grow is a warm, moist surface. This is why most mould is found in bathrooms, kitchens and even your basement.
As the mould is a type of fungi it releases spores into the air in the same way as mushrooms do. If you inhale these and are allergic then you will suffer an allergic reaction. The strength of this reaction will depend on how allergic you are.
Pets produce something called pet dander. This is basically flakes of their skin which come off naturally throughout the day.
In general this is not considered to be a serious allergen but the pet dander can trap other allergens, such as dust, mold and even pollen. This then makes it the most serious of all the allergens!
Controlling the Allergens
The simplest way to keep all allergens in check is to visit your local air conditioning supplies and pick up an air conditioning unit. This will purify the air, removing potential issues and allowing you to breathe allergen free. Read more about keeping home air clean and healthy here.
However, it is also important to clean regularly and monitor any items that attract moisture. These are the places where the allergens are most likely to collect.
While it can be difficult to clean every area of your home every day, it is extremely beneficial if you contact an allergen specialist to inspect your home first. If you can pinpoint the issue then you are more likely to be able to prevent the cause from returning.
It is also important to keep your food inside plastic containers and make sure there is no standing water round your home. This will deprive these allergen riddled bugs of the food and drink they need; forcing them to move on to easier targets.