These are just beautiful. And easy to do too. If you need a little holiday decoration, or if you want to add a unique touch to your home for the colder seasons, you should definitely try this DIY pine cone candle holder made by the gorgeous Auksė from Sheepy Me.
It’s simple, looks gorgeous, and will definitely add that cozy “sitting in front of a fire” feel to your home. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A tea candle
- A clear storage container/vase
- Pine cones- they should be around the same size, and the amount you will need depends on the size of your container or vase.
- Double sided tape or hot glue (optional)
Images found on Shelterness
Making the DIY pine cone candle holder
- Grab your storage container or vase, your pine cones, and your twine. Line up the cones on one side of the container, and follow along with the twine.
- Do this around the entire container.
- Tie the twine into a bow or a knot, depending upon your desired look.
- Drop in the tea candle.
- And that’s it, you have made a DIY pine cone candle holder.
A couple of notes
- It can be a little tough to hold the twine and the pine cones at the same time, so if you have double sided tape or hot glue, use that to attach the pine cones to the storage container or vase. Then wrap the twine around the pine cones and tie it.
- You can also make things a bit easier by having someone help you secure the pine cones around the storage container or vase.
- And lastly, if the candle is lit, make sure you keep an eye on your DIY pine cone candle holder.
We could so see these lining the dining table during Thanksgiving dinner or sitting on the mantle of a living room fireplace: Absolutely gorgeous.