Commanding center stage in your living room, your coffee table anchors the personality of your home. How you style a coffee table determines the tone and flavour. We came across Devon Rachel’s elegant polished marble table and are impressed with how well it adapts to different schemes.
Here are a few key pointers to keep in mind when setting up:
- Keep it simple. To style a coffee table you don’t necessarily need anything too fancy- just a few beautiful items elegantly arranged can create an aesthetic marvel. Choose your tools carefully; we recommend identifying a theme that works with the space.
- Complement and contrast. As with most things, less is more. Try plain, muted colors if you are placing a number of items; go heavy on patterns and textures only if there is no more than one or two.
- Create volume through elements of different heights and sizes. Coffee tables are usually flat and as such it is the vases, candles, books and decorations you place on them that gives them prominence or allows them to melt into the floor/ rug below.
- Emphasize the little things. A lot of knick-knacks that we adore come in tiny formats and are hard to appreciate if placed flat on the table. Give them height with a book or an elegant box.
- The key is in the details. Don’t be hasty to wash your coffee table with color. Explore flowers, fresh fruits and candles for stylish accents and hints of color.
Photography by Tim & Co