Summertime is around the corner and those of you who have been patiently (or impatiently!) awaiting its arrival are already thinking of the many ways to spruce up the interior and exterior of your home. Summertime means BBQ’s and gathering of friends and family, but also enjoying your home and relaxing. One way to ignite the Summertime flare is with a touch of flowers. Whether just around the house, as a table centerpiece, or for special occasions, this DIY fresh flower garland makes the perfect touch.
Follow along to learn how to make a flower garland:
What you need:
- 3 bunches (30-40) of flowers.
- Sharp scissors or floral clippers
- Clear fishing line
- Choose flowers that are not too delicate
- Choose flowers that don’t wilt too quickly. Roses, carnations, and daffodils are a great choice
- Chop off all of the flower heads but make sure to leave about 1-2cm of the stem
- Thread your needle with the fishing line. Add about 10% more than your desired finished length
- Cut and tie the end
- Gently and carefully thread the needle through the flower heads. If one of the stems rips, then simply thread right through the center of the flower
- When you reach your desired garland length, simply tie the end and you’re done!