Here’s a creative DIY magnetic scrabble board project that you’ll surely like!
It is created by Kim of Twice Remembered Cottage and is an original way to diversify your walls and add a playful mood to the interior.
If you have a scrabble fan friend, this handcrafted scrabble board will make a priceless gift for him/her!
What you need to make your own magnetic scrabble board?
- Scrabble tiles /about 200-300 depending on the size of the board/
- Metal sheet
- Thin plywood
- Trim or a picture frame
- Magnets /1/4″ wide X 1/16″ thick/
- An old newspaper or a book
- Liquid nail
- Clear coat spray
- Regular glue
Here is how to do it:
- apply liquid nail to the center of the plywood
- apply the metal sheet atop the liquid nail, press from the center out, put something heavy on it to ensure good contact and wait a while
- brush regular glue onto the board and apply the paper sheets
- wait for the glue to dry and then spray the papers with a few layers of clear coat spray
- super glue the magnets to the back of the Scribble tiles
For more detailed instructions, please visit Twice Remembered Cottage blog.